GIFS employees understand the importance of job-site safety and have the experience to recognize conditions that may result in an unsafe work environment. Our focus with regard to safety is directed toward accident prevention through education and training. Providing education and training in the safe performance of an individual job helps every employee recognize that personal safety is a fundamental responsibility. Active participation by all employees requires each individual to identify unsafe conditions, which may contribute to personal injury or environmental incidents, are promptly reported and corrected. All accidents are analyzed so that corrective measures may become policy and aid in preventing their recurrence.
GIFS supports and follows the Interstate Natural Gas Association of America’s (INGAA) Five Guiding Principles for Pipeline Safety:
- Our goal is zero incidents – a perfect record of safety and reliability for the national pipeline system. We will work every day toward this goal.
- We are committed to safety culture as a critical dimension to continuously improve our industry’s performance.
- We will be relentless in our pursuit of improving by learning from the past and anticipating the future.
- We are committed to applying integrity management principles on a system-wide basis.
- We will engage our stakeholders – from the local community to the national level – so they understand and can participate in reducing risk.
INGAA Video – A Culture of Safety
This video has been developed by The INGAA Foundation, an industry association that believes that safety is a value that can never be compromised. Simply put, you are being shown this video because each and every person involved in building a pipeline has a role to play in ensuring safety. Every single person on a work site must be responsible not only for their personal safety but the safety of their coworkers.
During this video, you’ll hear from real pipeliners who will tell you that a good pipeliner is a safe pipeliner. Those pipeliners will also tell you about the safety behaviors and attitudes you need to bring to this job to be successful. The people that need you to come home safely are counting on you listening carefully.